2018 Veterans Day Fishing Tournament
What: An Open style bass fishing tournament for ALL anglers. Open to everyone. Military Veterans that are active, retired, reserve to receive additional prizes.
Why: To show support for ALL of our Veterans.
Where: Lake Anna, Va. at Anna Point Marina – Fish Tales.
When: Sunday, November 11, 2018 (Veterans Day) 7AM to 3PM
Entry Fee: $50 entry fee. ($5 goes toward Big Fish & $5 goes toward donation to Winners Choice of a Veteran Charity.)
Payout: 90% – One place for every 5 boats entered.
Prizes: Over $2,500 in prizes awarded to Veterans Guaranteed $500 for 1st place and $250 for Big Fish
Registration: Pre-registration begins on September 11, 2018 – Check or Pay-Pal
- Veterans and supporting anglers may fish as a team (2) or solo w/ no more than 2 per boat.
- Pre-registration is the PREFERRED & ENCOURAGED method of payment of entry fee.
- VDFT Waiver / Release form must be signed by all anglers.
- Starting positions are based on the order in which entry fees are received (beginning September 11, 2018).
- First flight for boats 1-30 is 7AM; 2nd flight for boats 31-60 is 7:15AM; 3rd flight for boats 61-90 is 7:30AM, and so on.
- Weigh in time for boats 1-30 is 3PM; boats 31-60 is 3:15PM; boats 61-90 is 3:30PM, and so on.
- 5 fish limit per boat (12” minimum) largemouth, or smallmouth bass.
- At no time can a team have more than six (6) fish in the live well. When a 6th fish is caught, all fishing must stop and culling begin.
- All anglers must have valid VA fishing license and abide by all state and federal laws.
- Only artificial lures may be used, NO live or dead bait. Scents and pork chunks may be used.
- Live wells must be in working order, and will be checked at blast off at the end of the LONG dock.
- No more than one rod / reel per angler at any time and no rods over 8’ in length.
- No trolling with big motor, and no fishing within 25 yards of another angler w/o permission.
- No angler may leave the boat to land or catch a fish.
- No angler shall leave the boat except in case of emergency, severe storms or nature calls.
- Life jackets must be worn whenever boat is on plane with kill switch attached.
- No off limits period, and no off limit area unless posted by Dominion Power.
- All boats must observe the No Wake areas on the lake and use proper safe boating.
- No culling of dead fish and all live fish to be released at weigh in site. Proper fish handling is expected of everyone.
- No alcohol or un-prescribed drugs permitted prior to or during the tournament.
- Fighting, verbal slander, or any confrontations will not be tolerated & will result in disqualification.
- All boaters must carry adequate liability insurance and be equipped with USCG safety equipment.
- Anglers may put boats on trailers and bring fish to scales in adequate weigh in bags.
- PLEASE, after weighing your fish and having your picture taken, release fish immediately at the end of one of the floating docks.
- PLEASE, use proper ramp etiquette, unload and load quickly and DO NOT BLOCK RAMP.
- Anglers will be penalized 4 ounces (.25 lb) for each dead fish which includes Big Fish.
- Any team weighing a fish under 12” will be penalized 1 lb per fish under 12”.
- Teams will be penalized 1 lb per each minute they are late to weigh in time.
- Teams more than 10 minutes late will be disqualified.
- In case of a breakdown, you may travel back to the weigh in with your fish in another boat.